In placements such as UBC Arts, Volunteer Richmond, and Invoke Media, I created and established their social media presence. Things I did include drafting and implementing a strategic plan so that staff members stay consistent with messaging, monitor and respond to what was being said about the organizations, interact with fans and users, and run statistical analysis through Hootsuite.
Invoke Media/Eat St.
I managed the Eat St. Facebook and Twitter pages for 4 months. In that time span, I increased Facebook likes by 30%, and Twitter followers by 27%.
– Sourced relevant content for the foodie community
– Scheduled at least 9 tweets per day via Hootsuite
– Interacted with fans and fielded questions about the TV show (including past episodes, future tapings)
– Utilized Facebook Insights and Hootsuite analytics to determine what content was most popular
I contributed content for the UBC Arts Facebook, Twitter, and Youtube channels for 8 months.
– Answered student enquiries about academic advising issues (particularly as school was starting)
– Scheduled at least 4 tweets per day via Hootsuite
When I stepped on, VRIS was just entertaining the idea of “going social.” I took my knwoeldge of social media and created the VRIS Facebook and Twitter channels.
– Increased Facebook likes from 0 to 300 between May and August 2010